Cheapest car insurance companies
Cheapest Car Insurance for South Carolina 2023
Everybody wants to save money on car insurance. If you’re looking for the cheapest car insurance in South Carolina in 2023, you have come to the right place. The insurance agents at Edwards Insurance Agency in Taylors, S.C. have spent the last month scouring the internet to find the best rates for car insurance in South Carolina, and here are the clear winners.
NOTE: Every insurance policy and driver is different. You may find a lower car insurance price by calling our office to get a personalized quote. These best rates on car insurance are based on averages, so you may get an even better deal through us!
Cheapest car insurance companies for minimum coverage in South Carolina 2023
What is the cheapest car insurance company in South Carolina for state minimum coverage? We’ll list them below. In South Carolina, state minimum car insurance coverage is:
- Minimum of $25,000 per person for bodily injury and $50,000 for all persons injured in one accident.
- Property damage liability insurance at a minimum of $25,000 for all property damage in one accident.
- Uninsured motorist coverage equal to the amount of liability coverage.
As you can see, that’s not a lot of coverage, and it doesn’t cover damage to your car at all. If you want to make sure you’ve got all the proper auto coverage you need to protect your finances in case of an accident with an expensive vehicle, multiple vehicles, or an accident that results in medical bills in excess of the state minimum coverage, give us a call today.
The top 5 car insurance companies for South Carolina minimum coverage:
- Auto Owners – Average rate: $39/month
- Geico – Average rate: $45/month
- State Farm – Average rate: $45/month
- Farm Bureau – Average rate: $57/month
- Allstate – Average rate: $73/month
Cheapest car insurance companies for full coverage in South Carolina
Though South Carolina state minimum coverage is all you’re required to have to legally drive in South Carolina, full coverage offers you much better protection if you’re in an accident or have your vehicle damaged in a storm, vandalized, or stolen. If you’re looking for cheap full coverage car insurance in South Carolina, check out the companies below.
- State Farm – Average rate: $102/month
- Auto Owners – Average rate: $102/month
- Geico – Average rate: $106/month
- Farm Bureau – Average rate: $126/month
- Nationwide – Average rate: $154/month
Want cheaper car insurance in South Carolina? Follow these tips.
There are a lot of things you can do to lower your car insurance premiums without changing insurance companies. If you love the insurance carrier you’re with now, check and see if you can get a discount on your premiums by doing any of the following things:
- Taking a defensive driving course
- Raising your deductible
- Insuring multiple vehicles on one policy with a multi-car discount
- Taking advantage of a Good Student Discount if you are insuring a student in your home
- Discounts for auto-pay or pay-in-full options